One of the first decisions you make for a round of golf is, walking or riding? If you are going to be riding, it’s pretty easy; strap your bag on, jump in, and away you go. But if you decide to walk, there is more to consider.
Will you carry your bag, or use a pushcart? A golf bag can get heavy over the course of a round, so using a pushcart is a smart option.
In this article, we will consider which are the best golf bags for pushcarts.
Best Golf Bags For Push Carts: Overview
Editor’s Choice: Sun Mountain C130 Cart Bag (click to see)
Best On A Budget: Prosimmon Golf Bag (click to see)
Best Ladies Golf Bag For Push Cart: Hot-Z Golf Ladies Cart Bag (click to see)
10 pockets that are easily accessible, even while the bag is on a cart.
There is also a cooler pocket for all types of refreshments.
Umbrella holder and towel ring included
14-way divider for club storage space
External putter tube, great for putters with larger heads
Velcro glove holder
Only 5.3 pounds
14-way full-length divider for golf clubs
Cooler pocket holds ten 12 ounce cans
How to Choose the Right Golf Bag For Push Carts
When trying to decide on a golf bag that will work best for you, you first need to know the different types of bags. This golf bag review considers a few.
1. Caddy/Staff bag
A staff bag is the luxury model of the golf bag world. When you tune in to a PGA Tour event, you’ll see the caddies carrying staff bags.
The draw to the staff bag is plentiful storage space and high-quality craftsmanship. But they are heavy.
These bags are not ideal for use with a pushcart, or even a riding cart if you have a playing partner riding along. Save this bag for your PGA tour debut.
2. Stand bag
A stand bag or carry bag is exactly what the name suggests. It’s a bag with two retractable legs that allow the bag to stand on almost any surface.
Many stand bags are also equipped with backpack-type shoulder straps that distribute the weight of the bag and make it easier to carry.
These bags can also be easily strapped to a push/pullcart or a riding golf cart if you decide to ride.
3. Cart bag
A golf cart bag is specifically designed to be carried on a pushcart, or in the back of a riding cart.
It is also designed to provide easy access to all of the included pockets, even when it is strapped to your cart.
Most cart bags include a non-slip rubber base to keep it secure on whatever type of cart you use.
4. Hybrid bag
A hybrid bag is a combination of a cart bag and a stand bag. Any bag can be carried, or put on a cart. But the hybrid bag offers the best of both.
It offers many of the benefits of a golf cart bag such as plenty of storage, with the ease of transport of a stand bag.
So which of these bags is best suited for life on a golf push cart? We’re gonna go with the cart bag. Why? As we discussed previously, the cart bag offers a wide array of options.
You also get easy access to all of your storage pockets, so you can quickly get to a golf ball or tee at any time.
And how important is that accessibility when it starts pouring rain and you need your rain gear? Accessibility is just one of the factors to consider when looking for the best golf bag to use on a pushcart. What are some others?
- Is it waterproof? Nobody likes being caught in a downpour, reaching for their towel or spare glove, only to find them dripping wet. Or reaching for your wallet, cell phone, or watch and finding them floating in the valuables pocket. If you are going to be walking and using a push cart, you want your golf bag to be waterproof.
- How much storage does it have? Does it have plenty of pockets for your balls, tees, scorecards, yardage books, etc? Is there a cooler or insulated pocket for your refreshments? Are there pockets for your rain gear, for extra clothes if you get wet, or if it gets chilly? You can’t have too much storage in your cart bag.
- Does it have extra holders for gloves, towels, an umbrella? You may not think these things are that important, but you can’t have too many gloves and towels on rainy days.
- The size and weight of the bag. It may not seem like much, but a few pounds can make a big difference over the course of 18 holes. Even if you are using a pushcart, be conscious of the weight of your bag.
Product Reviews of Best Push Cart Golf Bags
Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag
Rating: 9.3 /10
- Lightweight, but packed full of features.
- A lined valuables pocket keeps phone, keys, wallet, and watch easily with room to spare.
- Strap system keep the bag secure on the golf bags pull cart without squeezing the putter well.
- Drain holes for the insulated pocket are above the bottom, therefore any water below them will not drain and lead to mold if not dried out by hand.
This bag was made to ride on a pushcart. For one thing, this bag has 10 pockets and I love that all 10 pockets are accessible while the bag is on a cart. It works just as well for pull carts too.
There are 3 velour-lined valuables pockets for your delicate items, and one is even water resistant.
This bag also includes 2 full-length pockets for extra clothing, jackets, and rainwear. I like to carry refreshments when I’m golfing.
The Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag has a cooler pocket to keep all of my refreshments cold. This bag also has an umbrella slot and a rain hood.
You can put everything you’ll need for a round of golf in this pull cart golf bag.
PROSiMMON Tour 14 Way Cart Golf Bag
Rating: 8.7 /10
- Lots of storage.
- Full-length putter well that accommodates oversize grips.
- Cart strap sometimes blocks putter tube.
- Odd positioning of the top carrying handle.
For those that want a great bag, but are working within a tighter budget, the PROSiMMON Tour 14 Way Cart Golf Bag is a nice option.
This bag features 14-way full length dividers. It also includes an external putter tube, which is great for putters with larger heads.
And if you’re looking for storage, this bag has plenty of zippered pockets, including a fur-lined pocket for your valuables, 2 full-length side pockets, and an insulated pocket that is great for drinks.
You will never lose track of your glove when it’s attached to the velcro glove holder on the bag. Also included is a golf towel ring, and an external umbrella strap.
This is an excellent choice if you’re on a budget.
Hot-Z Golf Ladies 3.5 Cart Bag
Ladies Cart Golf Bag
Rating: 9.0 /10
- Stylish and practical.
- Lots of storage.
- Club dividers are not full-length.
- Only 2 color options.
Ladies want a stylish golf bag, but one that is also practical. Look no further than this Hot-Z Golf Ladies 3.5 Cart Bag. It offers a 14 way, graphite friendly separator top to keep your golf clubs organized.
It also includes 5 zippered pockets, including 1 velour-lined pocket for your more valuable items.
And part of what makes this one of the best cart golf bags on the market is the pen and scorecard sleeves, making those necessary items easy to find and harder to lose.
This bag also features an umbrella holder, tee holder, and a rain hood. It is constructed of lightweight nylon making it easy to cart around on any course.
Cobra Golf Ultralight Cart Bag
Rating: 9.1 /10
- Very light, Full-length dividers.
- Large cooler pocket.
- 13 pockets.
- Many colors to choose from.
- Can be a little pricey for the budget conscious.
One of the most important factors when choosing a suitable bag to use with your pushcart is the weight of the bag.
This bag is very light to carry, at 5.3 pounds. It features a 14 way top, with full-length club dividers.
It also features a cart strap loop that will keep the bag secure, while allowing access to each pocket. There are also 2 oversize pockets for your extra clothing, jackets, rain gear, etc.
The Cobra Golf Ultralight Cart Bag also has 2 fleece lined pockets for valuables and 1 for your range finder. And I like to stay hydrated, so I love that this bag includes a cooler pocket that holds ten 12 ounce cans.
This is an excellent choice for a lightweight bag that offers maximum storage and versatility.
Izzo Versa Stand Golf Bag
Rating: 9.2 /10
- Power pack to charge devices.
- Comfortable to carry.
- Works great with a pushcart.
- Free personalization.
- Works as cart bag or stand bag
- Club dividers are not full-length.
- Can be a bit pricey if you’re on a budget.
The Izzo Versa Stand Golf Bag will have you covered whether you decide to walk or ride for your next round.
My favourite thing about this bag is that offers the bonus features of a golf cart bag, with the versatility to stand on its own.
These stand bags contains 11 dividers to keep things organized. It includes a velour-lined valuables pocket that is also water resistant, a metal towel loop with a bottle opener, an insulated cooler pocket, and a velcro glove holder.
One of the neatest features is the “Power pocket” where you can charge all of my electronic devices, right in the bag!
Depending on your individual needs, you can’t really go wrong with these five. They all would be considered among the top rated golf cart bags; in our opinion the Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag is the leading option and a great way to go.
Whether it’s storage, club dividers, or weight of the bag, these bags offer many great options. So choose one of these today, and enjoy the best golf bags for use with your pushcart!
Do staff bags fit on push carts?
Yes, staff bags would fit on most carts. If you’re looking for a built-in staff bag holder, check that while shopping for your golf cart. If you can’t find a built-in staff bag holder, you can purchase one from a golf shop. They are easy to install and come in different colors and styles.
How do you arrange golf clubs in a push cart?
A few rules should be followed when arranging your golf clubs in a push cart.
• Always place your clubs from left to right. Your longest club should be in the back of your push cart.
• Arrange the irons from left to right in descending order.
• If there’s a place for a putter in your push cart, you’re all set. If not, you can put it in any row on the right side of your cart since it is small in size.
Is Sun Mountain C130 good for a push cart?
Sun Mountain C130 is a good choice for a push cart. The bag perfectly fits on golf carts and has bigger pockets. It comes in a variety of colors. It has a nice base to sit on your cart perfectly, loops on both sides for towels and brushes, a cooler pocket on the left of the bag, and even a pen slot.